How Vale of Glamorgan Council hit its First Contact Resolution target of 80 per cent by working with Sabio to implement an IP-based contact centre infrastructure.
The infrastructure is based on Avaya Communication Manager integrated with comprehensive Workforce Optimisation capabilities from Verint as part of the Council's innovative OneVale transformation initiative.
A key goal for the Welsh Assembly Government is to ensure that Welsh public sector organisations deliver against key efficiency targets set under the Assembly’s ‘Making the Connections’ vision. To help tackle the issues set out by this agenda, as well as assist the Council in meeting its key N114 National Indicator goal of ‘reducing avoidable contact’ with customers, Vale of Glamorgan Council investigated ways of optimising its contact centre performance and freeing specialist back-office operations to focus on more complex service delivery. To enable this, it was essential to establish a best practice, and fully optimised, customer contact operation that could deliver a high quality service efficiently.
Vale of Glamorgan Council's Customer Relations team knew that it needed to embed a comprehensive IP infrastructure on which to build a public sector showcase contact centre. Sabio implemented a solution based on Avaya's Communication Manager IP platform and reporting technology within its OneVale customer interaction programme. In addition Sabio integrated Verint's Impact 360 Workforce Management and Quality Monitoring solutions to provide the council with a comprehensive Workforce Optimisation (WFO) strategy. This would optimise agent resource planning and scheduling in the Council's Barry contact centre, as well as record customer calls and support the Council's Quality Assurance programme. A key requirement for the Council was to work with a specialist WFO partner that could both deliver on current requirements as well as support the Council's customer interaction vision going forward.
Sabio’s implementation of an advanced contact centre infrastructure and WFO technology has achieved a number of key benefits, including:
- Helping OneVale to deliver on its First Contact Resolution goals – on track to hit 80 per cent target across services
- Allowing the Council to go beyond simple enquiries and handle complex and specialised processes such as Adult Social Services within its OneVale contact centre
- Enabled delivery of OneVale one number strategy, with 300 numbers reduced down to just one
- Significantly reduced call volumes for complex interactions – down from 5-7 calls to just 1-2 on average for key activities such as Social Services
- Delivering BPR improvements to support broader OneVale efficiency targets
Request the Case Study